Award time again. I’m so slow at accepting these that I hope the bloggers who give me these awards will not hate me and think I’ve forgotten about them. I haven’t. I just am a blogging award turtle…slow, but steady.
Faith Colburn, a new follower that has a nice midwestern flavor to her blog, gave me the Liebster award. Thanks, Faith.
I will answer her 10 questions and then ask that any of my readers that love chocolate accept this award and answer the questions I leave at the end (and you can do it in the comments–you know that I am not a stickler for following blog rules. I’m lousy at it actually)
Countdown of questions:
1) Please give a brief description of your blog’s mission.
- This is shown in my About page.
2) What was your childhood dream?
- I had so many. It changed depending on what book I had checked out from the library that week. I wanted to be an equestrian, a space explorer, a teacher (I did that one for a while), and a writer.
3) What or who have been the strongest influences on your writing?
- I had 4 teachers—Mrs. Rosch in 7th grade, Mrs. Smith in high school, David Ward in college, and Hale for an online writing course who motivated me a lot (even though I never talked to her face to face); we just traded comments through the mailed in assignments.
4) Sunrises or sunsets and why?
- Both! When you see both you know you’ve lived life fully that day.
5) How would you describe compassion?
- Being kind, and putting yourself in others’ shoes and then trying to be their best friend to help them out.
6) What is your ideal vacation?
- When it comes right down to it, I’m not super adventurous. I find what I like and then I grab hold and don’t let go. I do this at my favorite restaurants, with my favorite music groups, and I do it with Kauai. I don’t really want to go anywhere else, because that island is a peaceful paradise in my heart…and nothing is going to beat it.
7) What do you read when you’re in a “purple funk?”
- I really don’t like the color purple, so I think I don’t read anything when I’m in a purple funk—I just run to the shower and try to wipe it off.
8) What is your favorite book and why?
- This is WAY TOO HARD of a question. I have tons of favorite books and can’t whittle it down. So I’ll just name some off the top of my head: Les Miserables, Harry Potter series, Edenbrooke, A Different Blue, The Book Thief, and For Nick. There are dozens and dozens of others, but I will keep it short (send chocolate to thank me).
9) If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why?
- I’ll make up a superpower—to make more time in each day but still only need 7-8 hours of sleep. That would be awesome. I could get so much more done if I had about 5 hours more each day.
10) What is your proudest accomplishment?
- My kids. They make me smile each and every day.
* * * * *
Now for my 10 questions that I want everyone to answer (if you like chocolate).
- Chocolate goes best with _________.
- Chocolate makes the world ___________.
- Chocolate makes me feel like _________.
- What is your favorite chocolate treat?
- Light or dark?
- If you were on a deserted island, which would you crave most? Brownies, Chocolate shakes, fudge, or a candybar?
- What candybar do you most relate to?
- What chocolate treat do you eat when you’re sad?
- What chocolate treat do you eat when you’re happy?
- If you had the magic touch and could turn anything to chocolate, what would you touch? (no children allowed; that’s mean)
* * * * *
I can’t wait to read your answers. Have fun!