I was given the Shine-on Award by Marsha Lee last month. For this award, I must tell 7 things about myself and pass the award on to deserving others who Shine and Sparkle.
Here are 7 random facts you probably could care less about:
- I’m quite mystified about where my summer has gone. Seriously. Who stole it from me?
- I went to 2 family reunions this summer and now know I have the best families ever. Who else loves me when I stink of campfire smoke and haven’t showered for several days? Only family! I love them!
- I saw the Milky Way during a campout this summer. It was very shiny (like this award) and filled me with awe.
- My kids never cease to amaze me.
- I love taro fries from my favorite hole-in-the-wall Hawaiian diner–Kana Girl’s. I also love their Mochiko chicken. It is like a best friend (that you eat).
- I got a breadmaker for my birthday, and am super excited to have fresh, hot bread for Sunday dinner tomorrow.
- I forgot how old I was turning this year on my birthday (which is past, so please don’t wish me happy birthday. People who don’t know their age don’t deserve birthday greetings). All morning I thought I was a year younger than I really was. My husband enlightened me to how old I really was, and I kind of felt old after that. Bummer. But I got a breadmaker, so I’m okay.
Now to pass this Shiny award on to more deserving bloggers. Check these blogs out:
Humans of New York – For writers, this is a great sight to get unique characters and maybe jumpstart your imagination; for anyone else, it’s just funny to read about the different people in NYC
Julianne Donaldson – I am so excited for her new book, Blackmoore. That’s why she gets a shiny shoutout!
Ella Claire Inspired – This is my friend who has creativity out the wazoo (that means she has a lot of it). Whenever I need something to look cute, I go to Kristen for help
Milka’s Photo blog – I have been following Milka for over a year, and I have never been disappointed yet by what she posts. Her photo skills are top notch, and she has an online store if you want to get any of her pictures on a calendar, mousepad, mug, or whatever.
Jill Weatherholt – I sympathized with this particular post she wrote about being “Blogged down.” I think we all feel this way as bloggers sometimes, and have to prioritize to make time for writing. Hang in there, Jill!
Hope you had a fabulous summer (although it went by way too fast). I am planning to begin blogging more regularly now that kids are getting back into school and I will hopefully settle into a routine (although fall might become even more hectic than summer if that is possible). Wish me shiny luck!