One year ago, I began this blog with big dreams and little experience. Today…it’s much the same. My experience has grown a little, but there’s still so much I need to learn.
Within the first few days of blogging, I was shocked and amazed when a few people commented and I realized they were from faraway places. Jean in India and Bridgett in Ireland were among my first readers…and I want to thank them for being so kind to a baby blogger.
Blogging has helped me connect with wonderful people all over the globe. Thanks to all of you who read and comment (and thanks to those who read and NEVER comment; I do that too sometimes, but still enjoy the blogs I peruse).
I want to wrap up the year by accepting awards I’ve received. Ingrid from LivelaughRV gave me the Beautiful Blogger Award. For this I must tell 7 things about myself and nominate others. Here are 7 things I’ve learned about blogging:
- It’s fun
- It’s hard
- It’s time-consuming
- It’s worth it
- It’s a great way to meet new people
- It’s creative
- It’s challenging
One of my first followers, Jean Mishra, gave me the Blog of the Year award. Here are the rules…
- Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
- Write a blog post and tell about the blog(s) you’ve chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required
- Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
- Let the blogs you have chosen know you have given them this award
- You can now also join the award’s Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
- As a winner – please add a link back to the blog that presented you w/the award – and proudly display the award on your blog … and start collecting stars…Yes – that’s right – there are stars to collect!
- Unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once – this award is different! When you begin you will receive the ‘1 star’ award – and every time you are given the award by another blog – you can add another star! This means that you can check out your favorite blogs – and even if they have already been given the award by someone else – you can still bestow it on them again and help them to reach the maximum 6 stars!
Thank you, Jean, for this awesome award. I will pass it onto the following blogs (in order of when I followed them) and thank everyone for entertaining and befriending me this past year as I’ve learned the ropes of blogging and become a TODDLER BLOGGER:
Justin at Write21
Matt at EndCityBeginDesert
Carrie at TheWriteTransition
Jenny at Jennykellerford
Gina at Moments of Clarity
Kate at 4AM Writer
Amanda at ALSowards
Roxie at Roxie’s Blog
Ingrid at LiveLaughRV
Christy Running on Sober
That was probably overkill, but it’s BLOG of the YEAR! If I didn’t put you down, know that if I follow you, your blog deserves this as well (but I got tired of cutting and pasting links). Thanks for a GREAT YEAR!