It’s that time again! Last year when I started my blog, I made BIG goals. They were so big I don’t think I can outdo them…so I’ll just report on how I did and say ditto (try again in 2013).
- Clean out my garage. Good news! I did two shelves instead of one. I am on my way to garage cleanliness (if only my college daughters would stop dumping their priceless junk there between semesters).
- Lose 200 lbs. Good news again. If you count all the times this year that I’ve lost a pound or two, then I am well on my way to those 200 lbs. (We won’t count all the times I gained each of those pounds back).
- Run a marathon. I made good progress with this goal. I watched my 3rd daughter run cross country for months…and I felt very tired and fit from watching her.
- Climb Mt. Everest. My home life isn’t pathetic enough yet to make me want to do this. I consider that wonderful news (because I don’t really like the cold).
- Swim the English Channel. Seriously. What was I thinking when I made this goal last year. I wasn’t. I like swimming just about as much as I like the cold (and The English Channel is both. Ick!) I might procrastinate this one again.
- Sing like Josh Groban. Didn’t come close, but I listened to him a lot and sang by myself in the car, and sometimes I wondered if I actually sounded better. And then I hit a sour note and realized NOT.
- Work on my memory. Why bother. It’s already gone. I will try to work around this by getting my kids to remember things for me.
- Visit the Moon. I’m counting this as done because the moon and I have become good friends. I visit her when I walk at night (and she helps me see the big owl nesting across the canal and makes me glad I’m not a mouse).
- Become the first female President of the U.S. Obama beat me out this year, but he’s out of the running in 4 more years, so I’m getting my campaign shoes on and pretending I care about politics so that people will vote for me in 2016. I like candy. Vote for me.
- Win the lottery. Failed miserably. Didn’t even enter, but I have big plans for that 3 million in case someone else enters my name on a fluke and I win.
But can you?